Guy Fawkes Day in London! Most of my friends and flatmates were in Paris during this weekend, so during the day I ventured out on my own and went exploring around my area a little bit. I walked through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, Notting Hill, over to Speaker's Corner, and just generally all around the parks. They were absolutely beautiful, everyone was out enjoying the fall weather and there were several people sporting Guy Fawkes masks. That night my friends Jorge, Sharon, and I went to Battersea Park to see some fireworks...£10 entry for 20 minutes of fireworks and looking at a bonfire, don't know if it was quite worth it! But it was a very cool atmosphere, it felt similar to a Fourth of July celebration and it was neat to be a part of something so 'British.' On the bus ride over we met an American missionary from the Church of the Latter Day Saints who tried to recruit us.. so if nothing else, we got a funny story out of the night! Once again, not too many pictures, but here are the few that I did manage to take.
 |
| Fall in London! Taken during my walk through Kensington Gardens. |
 |
| Fireworks at Battersea Park -- they played pretty much any song that you can think of with the word "Fire" in it during the fireworks show. |
 |
| The bonfire |
 |
| Battersea Bridge, which was teeming with people as we tried to leave |
No comments:
Post a Comment